Mississippi Mud Cake I18 Reviews
“A very rich cake and one of my favorites.” - by Amy
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cream together 1/3 cup of the cocoa, white sugar, and 1 cup of the butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, coconut, and chopped pecans together. Stir flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Smooth marshmallow cream over top of cake while still hot. Let cake cool completely then ice with chocolate icing.
- To Make Chocolate Icing: Beat together the confectioner's sugar, the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Continue to beat and add enough evaporated milk to make icing spread on cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 399 cal
- 19 g
- 57.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I USED THIS RECIPE 4 YEARS AGO AND EVERYONE LOVED IT FOR THANKSGIVING. I DIND'T MAKE IT THE NEXT YEAR AND I HEARD ABOUT IT. SO IVE HAD TO MAKE IT EVER SINCE THEN. INSTANT HOLLIDAY TRADITION! AND F..." See moreOR THE PEOPLE THAT SAY ITS TOO DRY TRY ABOUT ONE THIRD CUP VEGETABLE OIL."
"Yes indeed...this is a very rich cake. I love chocolate and marshmallow cream and they pair up perfectly in this dessert. My son loves sweets as much as I do, but he can only eat a small portion of t..." See morehis...as it is very rich!! If you find your icing difficult to spread...zap it in the microwave for a few seconds, and it'll spread like butter. Thanks Amy."
Texas Sheet Cake V
Perfect Mississippi Mud Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.