Mississippi Mud Cake II44 Reviews
“This is a very unusual cake.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch cake pan.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt 1 cup of the butter or margarine and the cocoa. Stir often. Remove from heat and add white sugar, beat well. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into the egg mixture. Stir in the chopped nut and teaspoon of the vanilla. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and spread the marshmallow cream over the cake. Spoon chocolate icing over marshmallow topping while the cake is still hot and spread. The cake will get "muddied" by the spreading action.
- To Make Icing: Beat together the remaining 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the milk and the confectioner's sugar. Once well combined spoon over the still hot cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 333 cal
- 15.8 g
- 47 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"Awesome Cake, made it for a family get together and everyone loved it. The only thing i changed was substituting pecans for the walnuts. And I will probably only bake it 30 minutes the next time i mak..." See moree it so it will have more of a cake like texture. But loved the taste YUM...."
"These really should be called mississippi mud brownies. They are so dense and thick - just like the perfect brownie. My boyfriend and I absolutely LOVED this recipe. I may use the base "cake" part ..." See moreas my regular brownie recipe. Thank you so much! Fabulous dessert!"
Texas Sheet Cake V
Perfect Mississippi Mud Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.