Green Beans with Cheese and Bacon17 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“I found this among some recipes my husband's aunt sent me. I tried it once, and it became a family favorite immediately. I save it and use it in the summer when beans are freshest. Then we always have something to look forward to each summer. I often double this recipe just to have enough for my children to have leftovers! You can prepare this ahead of time, but make sure that the casserole is at room temperature before baking. I often use a mixture of both green beans and wax beans in the casserole.” - by Kathy W.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with a lid.
- Place the green beans in a large pan with water to cover; bring to a boil and cook only until the beans are hot and bright green, about 1 minute. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Return to the heat and add the green onions; cook until the onions have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon mixture, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to the green beans; stir. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish; cover with the lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the beans are tender, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 170 cal
- 14.5 g
- 5.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"oh my, very delish!!!! eveyone raved about how wonderful it was:) i did use canned gr.beans though, cant wait to have it with fresh gr. beans. will make many more times and play with it some more..." See more"
Southern Green Beans
Arica's Green Beans and Feta
Just swipe to see more like this.