Bridal Shower Cake4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“For those of you contemplating making a friend or family member a bridal shower cake, here is a good white cake recipe.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 8 inch layer cake
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour with baking powder and salt, and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat well. Stir in vanilla.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cover with white butter icing, and decorate as desired.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 568 cal
- 18.3 g
- 94 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I have made this cake 4 times now, and it has been consistently good. I use it for fancier birthday cakes...." See more"
"Good, basic cake recipe. It turns out perfectly well if you follow the recipe as is. The important thing to remember is that the flour must be measured after being sifted. If not, you'll end up inc..." See moreluding too much flour. The only thing I didn't like is that the flavor could be better. At the moment, it's merely satisfactory."
One - Two - Three - Four Cake II
Heavenly White Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.