Easter Party Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This cake is a great holiday treat. Hope that you will enjoy it.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 8 inch layer cake
- Cream butter or margarine and shortening. Add 1 cup sugar gradually, beating until mixture resembles whipped cream.
- Sift flour and baking powder together 3 times; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and almond extract. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites carefully. Pour batter into two greased 8 inch round pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cool layers on wire racks.
- To Make Boiled Icing: Place 1 cup sugar, water, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, cream of tartar, 2 egg whites, and red food colouring in top of double boiler. Cook, beating constantly, until frosting is thick and creamy.
- Frost cake with icing. Make a nest of green coconut on top of cake, and fill nest with candy eggs. Sprinkle a border of coconut around base of cake. Makes 15-20 servings.
- To make green tinted coconut, Place coconut in a large plastic bag, put a few drops of green food color in the bag and shake until desired consistency is achieved.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 466 cal
- 19.4 g
- 68.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made chocolate mousse (doubled the recipe) and I had 10 egg whites left over so this recipe was a perfect way to use them. The cake tasted super. I didn't have almond extract on hand, so I used o..." See morenly vanilla. I didn't make the frosting. I'm thinking about using whipped cream and fresh strawberries to finish off the cake. I doubled the cake recipe. Thanks for the recipe!"
Easter Lamb Cake II
Orange Party Cake with Chocolate Coating
Just swipe to see more like this.