Anniversary Cake6 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This is a good cake for a family party; for larger parties, bake two cakes. This recipe is at least 50 years old. You may substitute 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest for the vanilla.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 9 inch square layer cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line the bottom of two 9 inch round pans, two 9 inch square pans, or one 10 x 16 inch pan.
- Combine sifted flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together three times.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar gradually, and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- Cream shortening. Add remaining 1-1/4 cups sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add flour alternately with milk, a small amount at a time; beat after each addition until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add meringue, and beat thoroughly into batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan or pans.
- Bake cake in 9 inch round pans or 10 x 16 inch pan for about 30 minutes. The baking time for the square pans is 25 minutes. Cool. Spread Lemon Orange Filling between layers, and Snowy Boiled Icing over top and sides of cake. Decorate plate with small flowers.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 357 cal
- 12.5 g
- 56.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"El filling esta muy rico!. Teresonic ..." See more"
"I made this cake yesterday for my in-laws' 35th anniversary and it went over very well! One guest thought it was the best cake she's ever had. I made the cake with 2 round layers and it served 16. ..." See moreI used the White Cake Frosting I recipe to frost, and for the filling between the two layers, I mixed 2/3c raspberry preserves with 2t Grand Marnier. Great cake - thanks! "
Apple Butter Anniversary Cake
White Wedding Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.