Chorizo Burger39 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“An extremely flavorful Spanish style burger made from beef and Spanish chorizo sausage, topped with caramelized onions and smoky red pepper ranch sauce and shavings of Manchego cheese served in sweet brioche buns.” - by Q80 BurgerBelly
Original recipe yields 4 burgers
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin and chorizo using your hands. Set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add one chopped onion, and saute until tender. Transfer the onion to a blender, and add the red pepper, Ranch dressing, saffron, and paprika. Pulse until fairly smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the remaining onions, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 15 minutes until the onions are golden brown. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Form the meat into four patties, slightly larger than the buns.
- Place burgers on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Split buns in half, and spread butter on the inside. Place on the grill to toast briefly.
- Place burgers onto buns, and top with caramelized onion and the roasted pepper ranch sauce. Sprinkle with a few shavings of manchego cheese, and place the top of the bun on top.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1361 cal
- 105.5 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"Great tasting burgers. First time we made these they were a bit crumbly on the pitt. The 2nd time however, we added an egg to the meat mixture and they came out perfectly shaped and stayed together...." See more No crumbly pieces. We'll be making these again."
"I recently tried chorizo and fell in love with it and coudn't wait to try this recipe. Unfortunately, the grocers must be conspiring against me, as not one of them sold chorizo this week, so I made t..." See morehis with Hot Italian Sausage. It was wonderful, the sauce fabulous and versatile (I am already thinking of other things to use the sauce on) Everyone liked. Thanks!"
Biggest Bestest Burger
Just swipe to see more like this.