White Velvet Cake I5 Reviews
“Great for picnics. You will need a fresh coconut.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 2 - 9 inch layers
- In a small bowl, sift 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Blend shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Mix in the flour mixture. Add 3/4 cup milk; beat for 2 minutes. Add egg whites, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Beat well.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch round pans. Pour the batter into the pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool cake layers on a wire rack.
- Remove the meat from the coconut and shred it.
- To Make Frosting: Moisten 1 tablespoon flour with a small amount of water to make a paste. Combine 1 cup milk, coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and shredded coconut in a saucepan. Mix in flour paste, and cook for 10 minutes. Cool the frosting, and spread over cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 262 cal
- 12.7 g
- 35.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"the person who posted this delicious recipe accidently told the readers to add 1 teaspoon of salt 2 times. Thanx anyway the recipe was very tasty!..." See more"
White Cream Cake
Red Velvet Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.