Honey Bun Cake II30 Reviews
“Very tasty cinnamon cake. Freezes beautifully. May be made into 2- 8 inch square pans. Enjoy one now. Freeze other for later.” - by Suzanne Stull
Original recipe yields 1 -9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour one 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Beat eggs and white sugar together. Stir in the sour cream, oil, and cake mix, beat well.
- Mix the raisins, chopped nuts, light brown sugar, and ground cinnamon together.
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Top with all of the raisin mixture then pour the remaining cake batter over the top.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. Let cake cool slightly then spread icing over top.
- To Make Icing: Mix the confectioner's sugar, butter or margarine, and milk together. Blend until smooth and spread over warm cake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 312 cal
- 14.8 g
- 43.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"I lost this recipe when we moved & am so glad to find it again. I made the cake this morning for my husband's office & here's what he said--"I had 2 pieces & others had several--it was very very good!..." See more" Here are the only adjustments I made: cut the white sugar to 1/4 cup, cut the oil to 1/2 cup, added 1/3 cup water; left out the raisins & nuts. Baking temp of 300 seemed to low to me, so I upped it to 325, then to 340. I think the temp & time need adjustment. The icing was great--I added 1/4 t maple flavoring & 1 t vanilla. Thanks for a keeper Suzanne!"
"Great! Although, I did omit the raisins & nuts. I did use 8 oz. of sour cream & you may want to reduce the brown sugar a bit. It is for the sweet tooth but it is Wonderful!..." See more"
Honey Bun Cake I
Gooey Butter Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.