Cheery Cherry Pie5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Can a cherry pie this easy and good possibly be made without sugar? Yes it can!!!” - by Maker of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
Original recipe yields 1 (9-inch) pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unfold 1 piecrust; press out fold lines. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
- Drain cherries, reserving 1 cup juice; set fruit aside.
- Combine SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and cornstarch in a medium saucepan; gradually stir reserved juice into SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, almond extract and food coloring, if desired. Fold in reserved cherries; cool slightly. Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- Unfold remaining piecrust; press out fold lines. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Place over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden. Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack one hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 296 cal
- 13.9 g
- 40.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was a good recipe to satisfy a cherry pie craving. It has a good balance between the super tart cherries and sweet "goo". Next time I will reduce the amount of cornstarch used. It was rather rubb..." See moreery before folding in the cherries. I like mine juicier. It did make cutting and serving the pie a breeze. The taste was fantastic and well worth playing with the recipe."
Just swipe to see more like this.