Banana Angel Food Cake8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This light and fluffy banana flavored cake flecked with oats adds variation to the traditional Angel Food Cake.” - by P. L. Weiss
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 or 10 inch round cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Combine cream of tartar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, oats, and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, confectioner's sugar, and salt.
- Fold the banana mixture into the egg whites. Then fold the flour mixture into the egg white/banana mixture. Pour batter into one 9 or 10 inch round cake pan, coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees (165 degrees C) for 1 hour, until cake is firm and lightly golden. Cool for five minutes then slip out of pan onto a serving dish. Garnish with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 170 cal
- 0.3 g
- < 1%
- 37.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe sounds good, but is it baking SODA or baking POWDER? Powder is in the ingredients list and Soda is in the written directions. Since this makes a huge difference in a cake, I didn't make th..." See moreis recipe"
"Tasty and a little bit different but a bit of a challenge to make (for me anyway). Wanted to write this to let people know that 1 1/2 cups of egg whites came to ten egg whites. (Found a recipe for a..." See moreround ten egg yolks - Egg Yolk Sponge Cake at allrecipes!)"
Chocolate Angel Food Cake I
Soda Pop Strawberry Angel Food Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.