Aunt Alma's Cauliflower Shrimp Ahoy9 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My dear Aunt Alma gave me this recipe just after we were stationed overseas - for a taste of home. Cauliflower and shrimp are baked in a spicy cheese sauce. Adjust the amounts of spices to suit your taste. It is delicious as a main dish with buttered French bread or as a hearty side dish. Enjoy!” - by Menwith Hill'er Back Home !!
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the cauliflower in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until fork tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, and coarsely chop or break up with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion in the butter until tender, but not browned. Stir in the Cheddar cheese soup, milk, shrimp, mushrooms and parsley. Season with cayenne pepper, black pepper, and Creole seasoning. Heat for a minute on low to blend the flavors.
- Place the cauliflower into the prepared baking dish. Pour the contents of the saucepan over the cauliflower, and stir slightly to blend.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 299 cal
- 16.7 g
- 19.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was incredibly easy to make. Most importantly it was delicious!! I changed two things: i used the zesty nacho cheese soup instead of regular, and i doubled the amount of cayenne pepper. It..." See more was rich, thick and filling."
Menwith Hill'er Back Home !!
"I fixed this again and discovered that this was very good in a thick bread bowl (absorbs the sauce)or over a baked potato. Thanks for trying this!..." See more"
Cauliflower Au Gratin
Cauliflower Bean Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.