Chocolate Lover's Pie4 Reviews
“Vanilla and espresso are the special ingredients in this easy to make recipe that's sure to tantalize chocolate lovers.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Spoon flour into measuring cup and level. Mix flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in Crisco using pastry blender (or 2 knives) until all flour is blended in to form pea-size chunks. Sprinkle with water, one tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough will form ball. Divide dough in half, if making double crust. Press between hands to form a 5 to 6-inch pancake.
- Flour dough lightly. Roll into circle between sheets of waxed paper on dampened countertop. Peel off top sheet. For single crust, trim one inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Flip into pie plate. Remove other sheet and press pastry to fit. Fold edge under. Flute.
- Make the filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, blend CRISCO® and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in melted chocolate, espresso powder and vanilla until smooth. Add flour and nuts and stir until combined.
- Assemble the pie: Transfer filling mixture to pie crust. Bake 25 minutes. Cool pie completely on a cooling rack, then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 703 cal
- 48.1 g
- 63.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is really good, I would definitely make it again! (I also added one tbs. of milk)..." See more"
"This is a great pie if you're a chocoholic. I made my own crust using a different recipe, but I followed the recipe here to make the filling. However, I used walnuts instead. The pie came out rich and..." See more chocolatey; definitely decadent. I baked it for 25 minutes and the center was still a little wet; I should have put it back into the oven for a few more minutes. Nearer to the edge had a more solid consistency that I liked better, but the slightly creamy center was still delicious!! Will definitely make this again."
Chocolate Chip Pie III
Chocolate Crackled Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.