Applesauce Meatballs12 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This was my mother's standard dinner recipe for guests. These meatballs are juicy and packed with flavor! They go great with scalloped potatoes as a side dish.” - by THERICKA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine applesauce, egg, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper, with ground beef; mix until well blended. (This is best done by hand.) Form mixture into medium-sized meatballs, and roll in flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high or high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, until evenly browned but not cooked through. Transfer to a baking dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet, partially cook the carrots and onions over medium high heat. Add tomato juice, season to taste with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, then pour over meatballs.
- Cook, covered, in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until carrots are tender and meatballs are cooked through. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 519 cal
- 20.2 g
- 56.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"My grandmother made a recipe very similiar to this, although she used a can of condensed tomato soup/can water instead of the tomato juice. And no carrots, but I'm sure they'd be good too. ..." See more"
"I am surprised at the other reviews, I have made this meatballs twice and my wife loves them. So does her friends...." See more"
BBQ Glazed Homemade Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.