Bacon, Avocado and Cheese Omelet9 Reviews
“This Caribbean styled omelet recipe makes a tasty meal for lunch, dinner and, of course, breakfast.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir together, in a small bowl, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1/2 tablespoon CRISCO®, in an 8-inch skillet, preferably non-stick, over moderately high heat, until the foam subsides. Pour in 1/6 the egg mixture evenly over bottom of skillet. Cook for 1 minute, or until it is set.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the omelet with 1/6 of the bacon, 1/6 of the avocado and 1/6 of the Monterey Jack cheese; cook the omelet for 1 minute, or until it is set.
- Fold omelet over the filling, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Repeat in the same manner with the remaining CRISCO®, egg mixture, bacon, avocado and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Serve omelets with the salsa.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 661 cal
- 52.3 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Great omelet with a nice Southwestern twist! I love bacon and avocado paired together so I had to give this a try. I cut this down a bit as this makes way too much for two people. I also used butter v..." See mores. Crisco (sorry) because I never cook my eggs that way and replaced the water with a little milk. Overall, very tasty and perfect served with a little sour cream and a side of toast!"
"Sorry Crisco, but I just couldn't cook my eggs in Crisco, I used butter - but your recipe is good! The way the recipe is written is unclear and should be corrected - the lime juice, of course, is in t..." See morehe salsa, NOT in the eggs! I had pico de gallo I had made previously, so this came together quickly. This was an interesting and very flavorful omelet. I like the Mexican flair to it with the avocado and Monterey Jack in the omelet and the fresh salsa topping. This is a colorful and tasty breakfast omelet I'd expect to find on a restaurant menu. I couldn't do this for breakfast every day as this is very rich - something to refer to as an occasional treat."
Blueberry Dumpling Dessert
Just swipe to see more like this.