Blueberry Coffee Cake16 Reviews
“Here's a fresh-baked idea for breakfast, brunch or even a card party.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Add melted butter, egg and milk. Mix vigorously until well blended.
- Pour half of batter into greased and floured pan; spread SMUCKER'S® preserves evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Combine topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of coffee cake.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 305 cal
- 11.4 g
- 47.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This was a very nice recipe for brunch. Next time I'll use a slightly larger pan. With the thickness of this cake it got too dark for my taste by the time it was done in the middle. I will also use ci..." See morennamon and nutmeg with the allspice."
"I agree with Annie but instead of a larger pan I reduced the temp. to 375 and increased the cooking time until done..." See more"
"I don't know why, but I expected a lot more from a commercially sponsored recipe. One would assume their recipes would be tested and retested before attaching the company name to them. The cake didn..." See more't impress me for a number of reasons. First, this was moist, I'll give it that, but the allspice was strangely odd to me. Cinnamon or a little nutmeg would have been a better choice. For that matter, NO spice and a little vanilla would have been better. The flavor of the cake itself was flat, and not sweet enough. The jam filling, which I didn't care for at all, did not compensate for that. The topping wasn't particularly tasty, and wasn't the best looking topping either. I used a 9x9" pan and, in hindsight, should have used the 8x8" option. The first layer of cake batter was so thin that, once baked, the filling pretty much sank to the bottom. As for the filling, preserves was not the best option - pie filling, canned or homemade, would have been so much better. In order to pretty this up a little I sprinkled it with powdered sugar, but that did little to change my overall opinion. My three star rating, which I consider to be "good, but average," is very generous."
Apple Butter Anniversary Cake
Raspberry Breakfast Braid
Just swipe to see more like this.