Creamy Cucumber Brussels Sprouts13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Brussels sprouts in a creamy cucumber sauce. Delicious!” - by Shauna
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place Brussels sprouts in a pot with enough lightly salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place cucumbers in the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Set aside cucumbers, and mix the flour into the butter to form a roux. Mix in the milk, bouillon, and pepper, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- In a baking dish, mix the Brussels sprouts and cucumbers. Drizzle with the butter sauce, and gently toss to coat.
- Cover, and bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 172 cal
- 12.9 g
- 11.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This was awesome! I made changes like many of us are prone to do. I used a 28oz bag of frozen brussel sprouts. I sliced my cucumber thinner, and added garlic and oregano to the saute. I thickened the ..." See moreroux with cornstarch as I was out of flour. Then I added a decent amount of hot sauce (Texas Pete). I covered everything with foil when I baked it so the sprouts were nice and soggy. Only 4 of 7 guests would try it (the others being fearful of brussel sprouts) and they loved it. I was going to send the leftovers home, but there was nothing to send. I will never make brussel sprouts any other way again."
"mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. very delicious. the only things i did differently was cut the cucumber in smaller pieces than as directed, but thats a personal preference, and i didnt have any chicken bouillon so i ..." See moreused two packets of the chicken flavoring from ramen noodles packets. lol. oh and i also put some chicken in there, cuz i had extra from another recipe i was making and someone wrote on here it lacked a little flavor so i tried it cuz chicken never hurt anything.. i think it wouldve been perfectly good without the chicken. very flavorful and good. i dont have the problem of some other reviewers of brussels sprouts. i"
"Yummy dish. I like very spicy food so to liven up the sauce I added cayenne pepper and cumin powder, it adds a nice flavor. I didn't have enough Brussels Sprouts so I added zucchini and it was just fi..." See morene. This was my first time making a roux, if I make this again I'll let the roux brown a little bit longer. I feel there was still a bit of a "flour" after taste."
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples, Golden Raisins, and Walnuts
Baked Chicken & Brussels Sprouts
Just swipe to see more like this.