Fabulous Fudge Ribbon Cake5 Reviews
“A rich dark chocolate cake with a ribbon of cream cheese in center.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 9 inch square cake
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, 1 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, milk, shortening, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 3 squares melted unsweetened chocolate in large mixing bowl. Beat for 1/2 minute with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Grease a 9 inch square pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter, and top with remaining cake batter to cover completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- Melt 3 squares semisweet chocolate with butter, water, and oil; blend until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 253 cal
- 13.6 g
- 31.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I changed the frosting part of this recipe to make a more fudgy like frosting. Used 2 tbsp milk, 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup confectionary sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Combined milk, chocola..." See morete chips and vanilla over heat to melt. Shifted sugar. Removed melted conconction from heat, added and stirred sugar until smooth. Delicious."
"This cake was very interesting. it turn out to be a little dry. It was nothing exciting about this cake. Not even with the cream cheese in the middle..." See more"
Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.