Mocha Magic Torte3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“This is a rich cake and very delicious. You may be surprised by the thought of mayonnaise in the cake, but it is the ingredient that helps make it nice and moist.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 9 inch layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans, and line them with wax paper or parchment.
- Sift flour with baking soda. Dissolve 1/3 cup instant coffee in the water.
- In a large bowl, beat white sugar, 3 eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Blend in mayonnaise and the melted chocolate. Add flour mixture alternately with the coffee to the batter, one-third at a time; mix with electric mixer on low speed after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes. Remove, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt 4 squares chocolate with milk and 2 tablespoons instant coffee in a double boiler; blend until smooth. Pour hot chocolate mixture into the beaten egg, whisking constantly. Allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture to butter mixture, and blend frosting well.
- When layers have cooled, cut each horizontally to make 4 layers. Fill and frost the cake with the frosting.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 692 cal
- 40.6 g
- 82.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I went through so many of these chocolate cake recipes, and this one was soooo good! Everybody wanted to know what it was that made it so moist and delicious, and I told them it was the mayo! This def..." See moreinetly gets two thumbs up!"
"My cake fell apart so I made a trifle out of it. The coffee flavor was indiscernible so I layered it with cherries and chocolate pudding to make a black forest sort of dessert...." See more"
Chocolate Mocha Liqueur Cake I
Sour Cream Mocha Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.