Perfectly Simple Pumpkin Cheesecake25 Reviews
“Pumpkin cheesecake is not technically a pie, but it does have a crust and has become a Thanksgiving classic. And I've simplified its crust, too: Simply lay whole graham crackers in the pan, then spread melted butter and sugar over the crackers, and bake.” - by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat butter and sugar in a saucepan until butter melts. Meanwhile, line the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with a 12-by-20-inch sheet of foil so it hangs over the long sides of the pan (you'll use this as a 'handle' to pull the cooked dessert from the pan). Arrange graham crackers over foil-lined pan bottom, cutting the final few with a knife so they'll fit snugly. Pour butter mixture over crackers; spread with knife to cover. Bake until butter-sugar mixture starts to harden, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 300 degrees.
- As crust bakes, heat pumpkin, 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and spices in a medium pan over medium-high heat until mixture is sputtery hot. Process eggs on high speed in a blender. Transfer pumpkin to a pourable container. With blender running, slowly add pumpkin mixture; puree until smooth. Add cream cheese, one block at a time; puree until smooth. Pour mixture over crust; bake until set, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and vanilla. Remove cheesecake from oven. Pour sour cream mixture evenly over top; carefully spread so top is completely covered. Return to oven. Bake to set topping, about 5 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate (can be made up to 2 days ahead).
- To serve, run a knife around the pan perimeter to loosen cake. Use foil handles to pull cake from pan. Cut into squares (up to 15) and garnish with optional pecans.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 475 cal
- 34.3 g
- 37.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"This is a easy to prepair recipe, my family and friends just love it. A granddaughter who won't eat pumpkin liked it and told her mom to get the recipe...." See more"
"This recipe is Amazing! I have made it several times and alsways it is a hit!! Be prepared to double the recipe because the first two will be gone before you can blink!! Also (someimtes I substitute ..." See morewith a premade graham crust & is just fine...Great with a topping...I use 1 cup chopped pecans, 3/4 brown sugar, 6 tbs chilled butter cut in squares, mix well and spread evenly, refridge overnite!) This recipe is cheesecake Heaven for sure!!!"
"This recipe was great. I made it for a company Thanksgiving BBQ and everyone who tried it loved it! Instead of laying the graham crackers flat, I ground them up and added some brown sugar. I accident..." See moreally added all 1 3/4 cups of brown sugar to the pie filling, so then I still had to go in and add the other 1/2 cup to the sour cream topping. It turned out great though. I think the next time I make it I will probably add regular whip cream on top of the sour cream topping! "
Perfect Berry Shortcakes
Moist, Tender Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.