Rose Petal Pound Cake18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This cake is very different to the usual recipes and calls for rosewater which you can obtain in Middle Eastern grocery stores. You could also substitute orange water for the rosewater. Rosewater and orange water are used in Middle Eastern pastries. Both are very sweet and they are clear liquids found in bottles.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9-inch tube pan.
- Sift together flour and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy; it should be noticeably lighter in color. In a separate bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until doubled in volume. Mixture should be thick and lemon-colored.
- Add sifted flour and salt gradually to the egg mixture, mixing until fully combined. Fold in creamed butter and mix thoroughly.
- Divide batter into two equal parts. Into one part, add the almond extract and the ground almonds. To the other part, add the rosewater and the red food coloring. Spoon batters alternately into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a cake tester comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 minutes; then remove from pan to cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 359 cal
- 18 g
- 45 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"The main reason I am giving this recipe only four stars is I don't think the rose flavor is strong enough & the almond is a bit overpowering. I did make some changes to the recipe. First, I baked it ..." See morein the Pampered Chef silicone flower cupcake pan. Next, I added a half teaspoon more rose water to the batter & frosted the cupcakes with a powdered sugar glaze with rose water & a few drops of red food color to make it pink. They were really pretty I would be great to serve at a bridal or baby shower. I think the main change I would make next time is to use rose extract rather than rose water."
"This was very nice! I made this for Ramadan soohoor (the meal eaten at ramadan just before fasting begins) and was delighted. Be careful not to overbeat...I made this mistake and it resulted in the ..." See morebread being a bit tough but it was still delicious. I omitted the almond extract because extracts contain alcohol. I used two ounces of ground almonds. ( Just crunched up almond pieces while they were still in the bag) Thanks for this recipe, a true blue keeper!"
"Excellent. I loved it. Great new taste. Very nice with tea. I would use a little more rose water because I think the taste was very subtle and I love the flavor combination with almond extract. Also t..." See morehe pink color was very light I may use a few more drops next time to really bring out the color. It's easy and very delicious and did not last long. I will certainly make this again."
Cream Cheese Pound Cake III
Chocolate Pound Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.