Pecan Torte2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 55 min
“This is a great showpiece and a delight to eat.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 8-inch layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Beat egg whites in mixing bowl until medium-stiff peaks form; set aside. Sift together flour and cocoa powder; whisk in ground pecans and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks; mix in 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules and beat well. Fold yolk mixture into egg whites. Gently fold in flour, cocoa, and pecan mixture. Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cakes cool slightly, then remove from pans to cool completely on wire racks.
- To Make Mocha Cream: Dissolve 1 tablespoon coffee granules in boiling water. Cool. Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar together in a cold mixing bowl until stiff. Mix in cooled coffee.
- Fill and frost cake with Mocha Cream and garnish with pecan halves. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 346 cal
- 27.7 g
- 20.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I have never made a torte before so I didn't know exactly what to expect but I liked the results. I did expect it to be a little moister but that will probably get better as I practice this recipe mo..." See morere. I also added shredded coconut and pecan halves to the bottom of each cake pan before pouring in the batter. That and the icing really made this cake! I took it in to work today and even though cakes aren't normally a big hit at my office, this one was completely gone at the end of the day. All the guys were ready to propose to me! haha"
Amazing Pecan Coffee Cake
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.