Frozen S'mores2 Reviews
“Happy campers of all ages will love Frozen S'mores. (Ice cream stands in for the marshmallows used in the original campfire treat.) Take time to freeze this dessert after spreading the chocolate sauce on the first and second layers of graham crackers. If you don't, you'll lose those sharp, clean lines. The recipe calls for vanilla and chocolate ice cream, but try any flavor that complements the graham crackers and chocolate.” - by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Microwave cream and chocolate in a 1-quart glass measuring cup on high power until very hot, about 2 minutes. Whisk until chocolate melts into a smooth sauce.
- Line an 8-inch square metal pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang. Arrange 1/3 of the graham crackers over bottom, cutting the final few with a knife to fit. Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce over the crackers; spread evenly. Freeze until chocolate is just set, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over the chocolate. Top with another cracker layer as before. Drizzle another 1/3 of the sauce over the crackers; spread evenly. Freeze until just set, 5 to 10 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream over the crackers. Arrange a final layer of crackers over the ice cream. Spread remaining sauce over crackers.
- Freeze until set, about 2 hours, or double-wrap in plastic and freeze up to 5 days.
- To serve, lift dessert from pan; discard plastic wrap. Halve the dessert; cut each half into 6 slices. Return to freezer briefly. Toast marshmallows over a flame and serve alongside s'mores.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 313 cal
- 16.7 g
- 38.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was really, really good! The downside was that you had to toast marshmallows to serve alongside the dessert. This was not convenient so we just melted some marshmallows with a bit of mil..." See morek in a saucepan and poured it over the dessert just before serving. Another suggestion might be to use the ready-made marshmallow frosting and spread it over the top. You might also try peanut butter flavoured ice cream. My cousin accidently put 4 cups of vanilla ice cream instead of 2 cups but it was unanimous that the dessert was better with the extra ice cream so I'd recommend putting a bit more ice cream than the recipe calls for. All in all, a very good dessert - most people had two helpings. Will definitely make again."
"This was my first ever attempt at an ice cream dessert (they always intimidated me and seemed too much of a hassle!) It turned out great, was eay and delicious! After I made it I thought it was borin..." See moreg sounding, but boy was I wrong! Yummy! Looked nice too with the lines of chocolate and vanilla and chocolate ice cream! I didnt do any thing with the marshmellows...left those out completely! A keeper!"
Perfect Berry Shortcakes
Moist, Tender Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.