Sour Cream Chicken and Potatoes54 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Easy baked chicken with sour cream and potatoes - NO leftovers! Serve with crusty Italian bread.” - by CATBRT
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, or until tender but firm. Cool, and partially mash together with 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. Set aside.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, butter, spinach, garlic, and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor, and blend until almost smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and green bell pepper until tender. Reserve remaining oil in skillet, and spread onion and pepper over the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with the potato mixture.
- Mix the sun-dried tomato mixture into the skillet with the remaining oil. Place chicken in skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side over medium heat, until browned and juices run clear. Arrange chicken and sun-dried tomato mixture over the potato mixture in the casserole dish, and top with remaining 1 cup sour cream.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 482 cal
- 27.3 g
- 28.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (54)Rate This Recipe
"The name of this recipe doesn't do it justice as there are SO many wonderful flavours in this dish! I will be making this again, but next time I will use less sour cream on top of the chicken... I fou..." See morend it a little too much (and I LOVE sour cream!). The potatoes were the best I've ever tasted, and I may keep them separate from the rest of the dish next time. Also, I will use my food processor for the sun-dried tomato/spinach mixture, as it would not come together in the blender, even after adding a little olive oil to help emulsify it. But a very tasty chicken dish, for sure!"
"I used frozen spinach instead of fresh and thin cut chicken breasts instead of regular because that's what I had on hand. I didnt think it was very quick and I had my doubts about it while I was makin..." See moreg it, but it turned out WONDERFUL! I will definately make this again, and again, and again."
"Delicious & versatile! I can't even explain how much I loved this! I used a Vidalia onion instead of red, no green peppers, 2 cloves garlic, frozen spinach, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and f..." See moreat-free sour cream (couldn't even tell the difference!!!). I added about a tbsp. of butter to the potato mix as well. Next time, I will leave the parmesan out of the spinach mix, because it stuck all over the bottom of my non-stick pan when I sauteed it with the chicken. You could make this vegetarian, substituing your favorite veggie for the chicken."
Sour Cream Marinated Chicken II
Chicken In Sour Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.