Portobello, Wild Rice, and Gizzards4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Fresh portobello mushroom sauteed with chicken gizzards and baked with wild rice - outstanding family recipe. If you need to cut down the time involved, use instant wild rice.” - by CATBRT
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place rice and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Place gizzards in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes. Drain, and dice.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, and cook the onion, mushroom, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes until tender. Mix in the cooked gizzards, and cook until lightly browned. Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish, and stir in the rice. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 270 cal
- 8.6 g
- 25.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I added some chopped celery and carrots ... awesome recipe THANKS..." See more"
"I found it very dry when the rice was mixed with the sautéed meat and vegetables so I added a can of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Not a lot of flavor, but filling on a cold winter night...." See more"
"Way too much prep time. No taste whatsoever. There's alot of base missing here. I reached for the Chicken Sauce right away but that did not help. help. This would have done a lot better with a half po..." See moreund of bread crumbs in a turkey. Don't waste your time without serious modification."
Smoked Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Chicken Wild Rice Soup III
Just swipe to see more like this.