Coconut Pecan Cake17 Reviews
“Delicious coconut pecan cake with cream cheese toasted coconut frosting. Fruitcake” - by cookie
Original recipe yields 9 x 13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees). Grease and flour two 8 inch round pans or one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix with the water, eggs, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in 2 cups coconut and nuts. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until done. Cool completely.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a skillet. Add 2 cups coconut, and stir constantly over low heat until golden brown. Spread toasted coconut on absorbent paper towel to cool.
- Cream 2 tablespoons butter or margarine with softened cream cheese. Add milk and sugar alternately, beating well. Add vanilla, and stir in 1 3/4 cups of the toasted coconut. Ice the cake, and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 469 cal
- 26.6 g
- 55.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful! This cake is great. It's best to bake the day before because it will fall apart if you try to cut it the same day...." See more"
"Followed the recipe exactly and baked in a 9x13 pan. It has received rave reviews from everyone. Wouldn't change a thing...." See more"
Coconut Cream Cake I
Fresh Coconut Layer Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.