Brownie Caramel Cheesecake335 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“This is a great recipe that gets compliments when ever I make it. It is very rich, and worth the time and calories.” - by JACKIE MEIBORG
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg and water. Spread into the greased pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes. Chill in pan. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan. Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake. Drizzle with the chocolate topping.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 512 cal
- 24.1 g
- 68.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (335)Rate This Recipe
"The first time I made this recipe, I used the caramels and evaporated milk as directed. I used a standard brownie mix made according to package directions, baking it in a 10" spring form pan well coa..." See moreted with Pam. I baked the brownie layer for 15 to 20 minutes then sprinkled the edges with some chopped pecans to prevent the caramel layer from leaking out. I sprinkled white chocolate chips over the baked brownie crust before I spread the caramel layer on. I took the advice of others and used 3 pkg. of cream cheese, 3/4 c sugar and 3 eggs. I baked the cheesecake layer for 50 minutes. I had no problems getting it out of the pan and it was not hard to cut. It was marvelous. I decorated the top with carmel and fudge drizzles put through a pastry bag.. I just made it for the second time and used the La Lechera Caramel flavor, although it is easier, I do not think it tastes as good as caramels w/ evaporated milk. I followed all the above steps and it baked nicely. We will "taste" the second creation results on Mother's Day. This is definately a 5 Star recipe. I come from a family of professional chefs and have done the baking for our restaurant for many years."
"I have made this cheesecake many times. Some things I have adjusted. First do not cook the brownie crust as long as it says. If you do you will not be able to cut the cake! 10 minutes works fine for m..." See moree. Also because this is a bit overpowering sweet, I have made the cheesecake portion 50% bigger. 3 creamcheese, 3 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar,1 1/2 vanilla. 60 minutes in the oven (check at 50 min). Everyone I have made this for, loves it!! I even made it for a bake sale, the price was $10 BUT alot of the people there have had it before and started Bidding on it. Last bid was $38, and the money went to a great cause. Enjoy!! "
"I am having issues with the brownie crust. I have made this twice and the brownie part comes out hard. According to the recipe the brownie is being cooked for 65 minutes. I think that is too long and ..." See moreis causing the brownie to be hard. Can some one provide me with how long the this recipe is suppose to be baked for?"
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.