Katrina's Banana Cake9 Reviews
“Moist banana flavored cake, tastes great with a fresh cup of coffee.” - by Katrina Paras
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 or 10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream shortening until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually. Blend in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add vanilla to the evaporated milk. Alternately add flour mixture and liquid ingredients to cream mixture. Blend in mashed bananas and chopped nuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 326 cal
- 18.8 g
- 36.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I made a double batch, used two 9.5X13 pyrex baking dishes, cut the baking time down a full ten minutes. Cake in both dishes were moist and friends gave high ratings for the texture and flavor. I..." See more live in a Senior Apartment Building where we pay for a daily lunch. I gave our Head cook a copy of the receipe plus a large sample of the cake. She was very surprise afterr reading the receipe and then tasting the actual cake. I am hoping now that will one of these days she will serve this banana cake as a dessert to the rest of residents in my Apartment complex. Dave Poletti"
"This cake was delicious. Instead of using a tube pan (or bundt pan, for us laypeople), I used two 9" rounds and baked for about 25 minutes. Once they cooled, I iced them with a cream cheese icing I fo..." See moreund on another site. Very moist. Would make again instead of banana bread next time I have overripe bananas on hand."
Banana Cake V
Banana Oatmeal Crumb Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.