Blueberry Streusel Cobbler53 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 min
- Ready In: 16 min
“Nobody will be able to resist freshly-baked cobbler slathered in a homemade blueberry sauce!” - by EAGLE BRAND®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In bowl, combine blueberries, sweetened condensed milk and lemon peel.
- In large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly; stir in blueberry mixture. Spread in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and brown sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle over cobbler.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and Blueberry Sauce. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Blueberry Sauce: In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add water. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in blueberries; cook and stir until hot.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 730 cal
- 35.1 g
- 74.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (53)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic recipe but since I'd anticipated the cake portion might be bland, I added vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to the light biscuit mix with grated orange peel (not lemon)in the blueberry mixture. ..." See moreAlso used a can of Eagle light condensed milk, not the regular. Result was outstanding! Did not bother with the sauce as it was not necessary. Very moist, delicious dessert. Definitely a keeper!!!!!"
"Would have given it a 2 or 3 stars if it wasnt for the fact of unnecessary changes I made. I followed the advice of other reviews and added some cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter and found that it wa..." See mores WAY too overpowering..considering there is already a decent amount in the topping. It just took away from the blueberry flavor completely. I feel that if I would have just followed the recipe EXACTLY...it would have came out PERFECT, a 5 star!! I will definately give this recipe another go without the adds...and will re-rate it."
"I made this recipe for company on Saturday night and my only regret was that I didn't assemble it earlier than I did as I found myself rushing with all the "steps." However, the "proof is in the cobb..." See moreler." It was delicious and one guest even remarked that I had to have used real butter when preparing this recipe and I answered that indeed was the case. It is truly delicious and the sauce is the perfect "topping." None of the guests wanted either whipped cream or ice cream, both of which were offered. So it comes higly recommended, but don't make the mistake of waiting until the last minute to prepare it. I made no adaptations to it other than to add a little more of each of the spices for the sauce."
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie by EAGLE BRAND(R)
Pecan Pie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.