Cut-Out Cookies by EAGLE BRAND®11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 9 min
- Ready In: 24 min
“Versatile cut-out cookies that may be glazed, decorated, and cut into any shape you desire. Perfect for the holidays or any time!” - by EAGLE BRAND®
Original recipe yields 24 cookies
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat sweetened condensed milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute, until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. (If using portable mixer, use wooden spoon to stir in last portion of flour mixture.)
- Divide dough into thirds. Wrap and chill dough about 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough, one portion at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with floured cookie cutters. Reroll as necessary to use all dough. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar (optional).
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges (do not overbake). Cool. Glaze and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Confectioners' Sugar Glaze (optional): Combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, almond extract or lemon extract. Stir in enough milk to make glaze consistency. Tint with food coloring (optional).
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 253 cal
- 8.5 g
- 31.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I have used this very recipe for the last 10 years or so. Granted, the cookies are bland. They are meant to be decorated with sugars or frostings. Any sweeter and they would be too sweet to enjoy. Onl..." See morey four stars because they need the decoration, which can be very time consuming depending on the complexity of your designs. Overall, a great, easy recipe for quick holiday cookies!"
"They are fool proof! Very soft and taste good. I used Almond instead of vanilla! My family loved them!..." See more"
"These are the best cut out cookie ever. I had lost by Eagle Brand cookbook and happily found the recipe here. I love that these cookies are so soft, last awhile if they aren't eaten up before I barely..." See more get them decorated and the sweetness, or lack of, perfectly balance all that sugary frosting."
Magic Cookie Bars from EAGLE BRAND(r)
Pumpkin Pie Bars by EAGLE BRAND(r)
Just swipe to see more like this.