Sweet Potato Pecan Pie by EAGLE BRAND®21 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is a sumptuous sweet potato pie with a graham cracker crust and crunchy sweet pecan topping. It makes an excellent Fall dessert.” - by EAGLE BRAND®
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. With mixer, beat hot yams and butter until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, orange rind, vanilla, nutmeg, salt and egg; mix well. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Pecan Topping, (recipe below).
- Remove pie from oven; reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon Pecan Topping on pie.
- Bake 25 minutes longer or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with orange zest twist if desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Pecan Topping: Beat together egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Stir in pecans.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 614 cal
- 29.8 g
- 55.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"Has the potential to be a really great recipe, but I found 1 tsp of orange zest to be way TOO much. The orange zest overpowered the cinnamon/nutmeg flavor and the natural taste of the sweet potato. I ..." See morecouldn't taste the pecans at all. The texture of the filling and the sweetness were perfect and I liked the consistency of the pecan pie topping, but next time I'll use just a pinch of zest (less than 1/8 tsp)."
"I made this pie for thanksgiving and it was hit! I skipped the orange zest and used a 9oz pie crust instead of 6oz. I also doubled the sweet potato and pecans ingredients in this recipe. Would defi..." See morenitely make this again."
Maple Walnut Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.