Toasted Butter Pecan Cake11 Reviews
“A delicious butter pecan cake made from scratch. This is a cake that can be served anytime.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 3 layer, 9 inch cake
- Grease and flour the bottoms of three 9 inch layer pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, and brown for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cream 1 cup butter or margarine in large mixing bowl. Gradually add 2 cups white sugar, and cream until light and fluffy with mixer on high speed. Blend in eggs one at a time, beating well on medium speed after each addition. Sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. At low speed add sifted ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla extract, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend well after each addition. Stir in 1 1/3 cups of the toasted pecans. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched in center.
- To Make Frosting: Cream 1/4 cup butter in mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon salt, confectioners' sugar and cream. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. If necessary, thin with additional cream. Blend remaining 2/3 cup pecans into frosting. Fill and frost the cake.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 269 cal
- 14.1 g
- 34.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful cake! I didn't have 3 layer cake pans, so I baked it in a 13x9 pan for 45 minutes. It turned out great. You may be tempted to skip the pecan toasting process, but don't! Toasting the pecans ..." See morein butter is what gives this cake its unique, irresistible flavor. The cake received rave reviews from my family and my co-workers. I will definitely keep this cake on my "favorites" list!"
"This is a very good cake. Do not overbake or I think it would be dry. The icing tastes like butter pecan ice cream, the heavy cream gives it that flavor...." See more"
Amazing Pecan Coffee Cake
Lemon Cake with Lemon Filling and Lemon Butter Frosting
Just swipe to see more like this.