Zucchini Cake III112 Reviews
“This a lovely, moist cake.” - by Geri Knoll
Original recipe yields 1 tube cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda on to a piece of waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light colored. Mix in oil. Add sifted ingredients to egg mixture, and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple, chopped nuts, vanilla, and zucchini. Mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 80 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes.
- To Make Glaze: In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and the milk. When cake has cooled, pour glaze over cake.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 439 cal
- 22.9 g
- 55.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (112)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! I substituted 1/2c applesauce + 1/2c oil and added a cup of raisins. I also baked this in a bundt pan (for 55 min) rather than a tube pan. Glazed this with a cream cheese glaze (..." See more2 T cream cheese, 2/3 c confectioners sugar, 1 T milk, 1 tsp vanilla)."
"I love this cake! It's very moist. Instead of a tube pan I used a 13x9. Also, I used a cream cheese frosting to top it off. Yum!!!..." See more"
"I baked this cake yesterday with great results! I made the following changes to the recipe: no pineapple, a little extra zucchini, extra half tsp cinnamon, half-tsps ginger and nutmeg. Also, used a cr..." See moreeam cheese glaze. Wow! Very moist and rich. It only needs to be baked about an hour if you use a typical dark ring pan. Perfect for serving for dessert or teatime...just delicious. I kept mine in the fridge and it is still moist the next day (now). We'll see how long it lasts...."
Chocolate Zucchini Cake I
Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Applesauce Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.