JIF® Gingerbread People2 Reviews
“Gingerbread cookies are even better when they're flavored with peanut butter.” - by JIF®
Original recipe yields 1 to 2 dozen cookies
- Combine CRISCO® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended and smooth. Beat in the molasses, vanilla extract and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl, mix well. Stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray cookie sheets with CRISCO® Cooking Spray.
- Work with about 1/3 of dough at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out the gingerbread people using floured cookie cutters of your choice.
- Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm to the touch and slightly darker around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheets about 3 to 4 minutes. Place the cookies on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate using icing, gum drops, raisins, silver balls for buttons etc.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 167 cal
- 7.5 g
- 21.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I used the recipe for my Oktoberfest Party! They were an absolutely hit and everyone went away with one! They are soft and just perfection all around! I'm making them again to today for a blogger frie..." See morend of mine. "
"These cookies taste really good. Different from traditional gingerbread cookies because of the peanut butter, but very good. I didn't have butter flavored shortening so I used half shortening and half..." See more butter and that may be why they did not hold together well when rolled out. I had to add quite a bit of flour to get them to roll out well. I will make these again because we always have a lot of peanut butter!"
Jif(R) Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
JIF(R) Festive Fudge
Just swipe to see more like this.