Death By Chocolate I4 Reviews
“Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.” - by Sue Cauch
Original recipe yields 1 large punch bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 inch round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Let cake cool slightly then pierce cakes with a fork. Pour the coffee liqueur gradually over the three cake layers.
- Prepare the chocolate mousse according to the package directions. Let chill in the refrigerator.
- Once cake is cool break it into pieces. Layer cake pieces, chocolate mousse, crushed butter toffee candy bars, and whipped topping 1/3 at a time in a large glass bowl. Grate the chocolate candy bar over the top. Let chill in refrigerator for several hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 489 cal
- 27.6 g
- 56.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"As long as you can accept a certain artificial taste because of all the "processed food" ingredients, this is very good for a quick, impromptu dessert. I only had three people for dinner, so I altered..." See more this a bit to make in individual parfait glasses. I brushed leftover turtle brownies with Starbuck's liqueur, then chopped them in 1/2 inch pieces. I subbed a package of Dream Whip for the frozen topping because you don't have to wait for it to thaw, and used one package of chocolate mousse mix. I layered this as directed in the recipe with the crushed toffee bars and topped it off with just a little more of the crushed toffee bars rather than the chocolate bar. Very pretty little parfaits, and came together in minutes."
"According to my guests, this was a great ending to our dinner party. Lots of kids, so I used decaf coffee instead of the liquor. I added some peanut butter chips to the layers too. Everyone asked to t..." See moreake some of the leftovers home Sue!"
Death By Chocolate III
Death by Chocolate and Caramel
Just swipe to see more like this.