Chewy Red Raspberry Squares57 Reviews
“These cookie squares are perfect with coffee, as a snack, or tucked in a lunch box.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 16 squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in almond extract.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until mixture is combined and crumbly. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture for topping; set aside. Pat remaining mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Spoon preserves on top of oat layer, spreading as much as possible without disturbing the bottom layer. Sprinkle reserved topping on the top of preserve layer.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 175 cal
- 6.1 g
- 29.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"I thought these bars were great, but my two sisters hated them. Not sure why, but I really, really, liked them, so I'm still giving them 5 stars :) They were super easy to make as well. I used quick o..." See moreats, and they worked very well. The only change I made was to line my pan with Reynold's Release nonstick foil instead of greasing it...I could lift the finished bars out easily, which made cutting and removal much easier, and the bars looked much nicer. I also used the bottom of a measuring cup to press the oat mixture into the pan...it worked great and wasn't messy at all. Thanks for sharing the recipe...I'll be making these again!"
"Super easy bars!! I heated up the Raspberry Preserves in the microwave for about 45 seconds before spreading them on top of the bottom layer of oats to make it a little easier to spread and it worked ..." See morelike a charm!!!"
"Love how easy it was to whip up a dessert! These are really good. Subbed Red Plum Jam instead since out of raspberry preserves. A bit too sweet (not because of the jam)so next time I will cut back ..." See moreon the sugar a bit by maybe a tablespoon or so. Will make again! Mine are still too hot to eat but I keep picking at it anyway. So yummy! ***Update 3 days later: I just had to make some more! I love these. I subtracted 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and it was perfect for me. ***Update 4 days later: Used vanilla extract instead of almond. Love it this way the best!"
Smucker's(R) Oatmeal Carmelitas
Classic Thumbprint Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.