Strawberry Pinwheels4 Reviews
“With a strawberry flavor in every bite, this homemade recipe makes cookies that look as good as they taste.” - by SMUCKER'S®
Original recipe yields 78 pinwheels
- Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, orange zest, vanilla and salt. Slowly add flour, until well combined. Gather the dough into a ball and divide it into 4 equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove one portion of dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit 10 minutes at room temperature. Melt jam in a small saucepan over medium heat; let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread 1/4 cup of the melted jam over the dough. Top with 2 1/2 teaspoons of the sugar mixture, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup currants or raisins.
- Cut the dough rectangle in half. Roll one half in jellyroll fashion and then slice into 10 pieces. Place each piece onto a prepared baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg mixture. Repeat with other dough half.
- Bake cookies for 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat process with remaining dough and filling.
Amount Per Serving (78 total)
- 72 cal
- 4.5 g
- 7.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies have a great flavor! I don't recommend rolling out one dough ball and cutting it in half.. trying to roll it up was a pain since the dough seemed too small for the amount of filling to ..." See morego inside. The dough on the outside edge of the roll didn't stick to itself so as they baked, the cookies opened up and the filling leaked out and burnt. Next time, I will divide the dough into 2 or 3 balls, but definately leave 1" of dough without filling on it to make sure the dough sticks to the rest of the roll and we don't lose any goodies."
"I followed the recipe except i made 3 balls instead of 4. I want to try dates and other fruits in the future. I also rolled the log in nuts before cutting it. When removed from the oven I placed a da..." See morerk chocolate kiss on the top. I received many compliments at the cookie exchange especially because of the low sogar content."
Chewy Red Raspberry Squares
Strawberry Angel Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.