Chicken Murphy II13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“So this is my favorite Italian dish. I would take this any time over anything with red sauce. I could get this whenever I wanted when I lived in NJ, but now that I'm in PA, it's not so easy. So this is what I came up with as a replacement. I'm not sure how authentic it is, but it's good!” - by KEEPERROX
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dredge the cubed chicken breast in the flour to coat. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken cubes until browned on the outside. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- In a separate pan, or indoor grill, fry the Italian sausage links until cooked through. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place potatoes into a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until fork tender, but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the skillet from cooking the chicken over medium heat. Add more oil if necessary. Saute onion and bell pepper until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for about 1 minute. Pour in the whole jar of jalapenos, and the wine. Scrape any bits of food from the bottom of the pan, and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan, and add the sliced sausage and potatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Mix cornstarch with a small amount of water, and stir into the skillet with the sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick enough to coat the pasta. Serve sauce over pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1200 cal
- 50.6 g
- 104.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Fyi as a fellow NJ resident That loves her Chicken Murphy its sliced cherry peppers thats needed not jalapeno . About 1 cup for serving 6-8 people..." See more"
"Yes, this is my recipe, but I just wanted to say/change one thing. I'm not sure if I submitted it this way, or if it was changed, but I don't use green pepper in this dish. I always use a red/yellow..." See more/orange pepper, because it needs the sweetness to balance out the hotness from the sausage and jalapenos. Plus green peppers make me burp! Also, the way this is written, you should be able to get 6-8 servings out of this easily. Enjoy!!!"
Chicken Pasta II
Just swipe to see more like this.