Manuela's Fish Cakes9 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Salmon and halibut fish cakes, messy to make but worth it.” - by REBOLLODAVIES
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the halibut and salmon into a skillet or large saucepan, and pour in the milk. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets. Drain off milk, and set fish aside.
- When potatoes are done, drain, and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes with one of the eggs and the butter until fairly smooth. Season with nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix in the fish, taking care not to break into too small of pieces.
- Beat the remaining egg, and place on a plate. Place bread crumbs on a separate plate. Lightly flour your hands, and form the fish mixture into patties. Dip each patty into the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Place the fish cakes on a plate, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Fry the fish cakes for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve fresh and hot.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 515 cal
- 24.4 g
- 46.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Really messy to work with but gets 5 stars cause my sniffling boy ate something with a lot of pleasure. These indeed are delicious if a picky 4 year old loves them and asks for leftovers. We used all ..." See moresalmon and sprinkled some lemon pepper afterwards."
"this was great had a nice texture to it, and was fun to make, we had it along side a salad and in between bread with tarter sauce and lettuce for a fancy fish sammy. ..." See more"
"My family absolutely loved this! Even my little one who swears she hates halibut. I used halibut that I had cooked in the crock pot with mango salsa the night before and this added a wonderful extra f..." See morelavor to it. I found that I was out of Worcestershire sauce so I was a little concerned that it wouldn't have alot of flavor so I did add extra pepper and sea salt with a tough of extra nutmeg also. Being cooked with the salsa the night before it turned out fabulous! We will definetely be making this again."
Funco's Salmon Fish Cakes
Sweet Potato Salmon Fish Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.