Creamy Cauliflower With Ginger Soup14 Reviews
“A pureed vegetable soup can be an impressive, easy and affordable first course for an elegant dinner, or even a light dinner on its own with salad and bread.” - by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Original recipe yields 6 to 7 cups
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep saute pan until shimmering.
- Add cauliflower, then onion; saute, stirring very little at first, then more frequently, until vegetables start to turn golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter, sugar and garlic; continue cooking until all vegetables are a rich spotty caramel color, about 10 minutes longer.
- Add ginger, turmeric, saffron and cayenne pepper; continue to saute until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or traditional blender, puree until very smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute. (If using a traditional blender, vent it either by removing the lid's pop-out center or by lifting one edge of the lid. Drape the blender canister with a kitchen towel. To 'clean' the canister, pour in a little half-and-half, blend briefly, then add to the soup.)
- Return to pan (or a soup pot); add enough half-and-half so the mixture is souplike, yet thick enough to float garnish. Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed. Heat through, ladle into bowls, garnish and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 144 cal
- 11.6 g
- 6.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I liked this soup but I thought it was a bit spicy I say cut the tumeric and caynene pepper in half if you don't really like spicy food...." See more"
"This was easy to make and really delicious. I left it a bit chunky when puree-ing the soup. I like my soup to have a bit more texture so it eats like a meal...." See more"
"I made this soup but substituted soy milk for the half and half. I also used veggie stock and fresh ginger. My first few tastes of the soup were delish...but then it just made me sickened... couldn..." See moret bring myself to eat it....I would leave out the cayenne next time if I do decide to make it again...."
Creamy Beet With Dill Soup
Creamy Butternut Squash With Cinnamon Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.