German Marble Cake34 Reviews
“This is a lovely cake with the taste of almond and chocolate and it is almost like a pound cake.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch tube cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the milk and almond extract.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Turn half of the batter into another bowl and stir in the cocoa and rum.
- Layer the light and dark batters by large spoonfuls and then swirl slightly with a knife.
- Bake the cake in at 350 degree F (175 degree C) for about 70 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Transfer to a rack to cool. Makes about 14 to 16 servings.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 346 cal
- 15.4 g
- 45.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very good recipe. For the lady that thought the cake was to dry and needed frosting.....Germans do not use frostings. I am German and when i moved here i lost my recipe and it was to late to..." See more call my mom so i looked this webpage up and tryed the recipe,....and i have to say it was very very good....it now is in my owne recipe book and i make it at least once a week.All my friends love it and they like that it is easy and is not so sweet as they are used to with american cakes."
"I'm American but have been living in Germany for 12 years. Actually, German marble cake tends to be drier than the American version. But since I prefer my cakes moister, I just add a package of instan..." See moret vanilla pudding to the flour! It works wonders."
German Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake
Marble Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.