Raspberry Nut Butter Cake5 Reviews
“This is a lovely show off cake, especially when you want a fancy finale to a dinner party. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar over top just before serving to make it look even more attractive and delectable.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch tube pan.
- Separate the eggs. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until thoroughly creamed. Beat in the egg yolks, then the jam, vanilla extract, and dark rum.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, then stir in the nuts. Stir about 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the batter to lighten it and then fold in the rest gently but thoroughly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 65 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack to cool. Makes about 12 servings.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 379 cal
- 21.4 g
- 41.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This is very good.I read the reviews then made the following changes. I doubled everything, used 2 cups of cake flour, 6 Tbs milk 2 extra large eggs, and 2 cups sour cream (I too was concerned about d..." See moreryness). I used almond extract...perked it up. I used sliced almonds, and chopped walnut pieces...I used an 8 inch square glass pan. It took 45 minutes to bake... I forgot to lower the temperature when using a glass pan...but it spread easily and was moist. I didn't do icing...we enjoyed it with just the nuts on top."
"This was very good. I left the nuts whole but did everything else the same. Cooked for one hour and it was perfect. Moist and not too sweet. I think it would be good with a raspberry glaze...." See more"
Susan's Butter Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.