Easy Vegetarian Red Beans Lasagna65 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This recipe is really easy, quick, delicious, and only requires a few ingredients.” - by XVELVETX
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in garlic, and cook until heated through. Mix in red beans, tomatoes, and red bell pepper. Season with basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and gradually mix in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in the milk. Mix in Parmesan cheese, and continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Spread 1/2 the red bean mixture in a 9x9 inch casserole dish, and top with 2 lasagna noodles. Layer with remaining bean mixture and remaining noodles. Cover with the sauce, and top with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 496 cal
- 27 g
- 39.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (65)Rate This Recipe
"I was a little doubtful about this at first because it didn't have a lot of cheese inside, but it was great! The sauce on top really completed it! Next time I'll use 2 cans of beans (mashing one for t..." See moreexture) because I would have liked it to be a bit thicker."
"Thanks for the inventive recipe! Due to diet constraints, I used either fat free or lowfat dairy (FF mozzarella instead of the delicious Gruyere,sorry!) added a cup of FF cottage cheese w/ a little eg..." See moreg white mixed in to up the protein and served it with a bit of marinara mushroom sauce on the side. Scrumptious and satisfying.Brought the calories down to 291 per hearty serving (1/8 of 8x8 pan) and only 8 grams of fat. I loved the bechamel with the beans and tomatoes. Who would have thought?AAA+"
"WOW-this was SO GOOD! We absolutely loved it! I have to admit, at first I thought "Beans in a lasagna?!" I love beans and lasagna so had to try it. I was amazed at how much I loved it. It's not h..." See moreeavy at all; such a nice change from many vegetarian lasagnas that are super cheesy and rich. This will be a definite favorite from now on. I made 2 and froze one for later; am so glad now that i did! The only slight complaint was that it was a bit runny and didn't hold together very well; although this improved significantly once it had sat for several minutes. It may have been because I used petite diced tomatoes as they tend to have more liquid. Didn't matter-we ate it right up! Thank you for this great recipe!"
Easy Vegetarian Spinach Lasagna
Easy Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.