Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake59 Reviews
“Delicious!” - by Jan Taylor
Original recipe yields 1 -13x9 inch sheet cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). With a non-stick cooking spray, coat a 13X9X2 inch baking pan. Dust with flour and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa, confectioners' sugar, butter and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth and set aside.
- In microwavable bowl, place peanut butter chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar, 1-1/4 cups water, eggs and reserved melted peanut butter mixture; beat on low speed of electric mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium, beat 2 minutes until smooth. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the batter and add it to the reserved cocoa mixture; blend well.
- Pour the peanut butter flavored batter into the prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter on top. Swirl with a knife or spatula for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degree F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and frost as desired.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 328 cal
- 12.7 g
- 46.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (59)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great recipe. I substituted creamy peanut butter for the peanut butter chips and it still came out fantastic. Thanks for the recipe!..." See more"
"I made this for my Dad's birthday, and it was a hit! He requested a peanut butter chocolate cake...and this is what I thought would work. It's definitly peanut butter chocolatey..and VERY MOIST! One s..." See moreuggestion...since it doesn't call for a certain frosting...I would recommend adding butter cream frosting to another peanutbutter-chip-and-shortning-mixture. Then, after you frost it..sprinkle chocolate chips and your leftover peanut butter chips on top. That's what I did. Enjoy!"
"This cake is SO GOOD! I made 2 round layers with peanut butter frosting and mini chocolate chips on top and in between the layers. For the frosting I used pre-made cream cheese frosting mixed with n..." See moreatural peanut butter. I also used natural peanut butter in the recipe instead of peanut butter chips. Everyone at my husbands birthday party said it tasted just like a Reeses peanut butter cup - yum!"
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake II
Crumble-Topped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.