Bacon Cookies11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“This is a German recipe for the holidays. It is very nice when you have had your fill with sweet, sugary cookies to have a hearty, bacon cookie! Or two :-)” - by THISISAMBER
Original recipe yields 2.5 dozen cookies
- Fry bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels, and cool completely.
- Into a large mixing bowl, place the flour, butter or margarine, egg, salt, and heavy cream. Using the mixer's hook attachment, mix the contents of the bowl together until combined; then transfer the dough to the counter, and quickly mix with your hands. Knead in cooled bacon pieces and pepper.
- Roll up the dough into a log, to a diameter of about 1 1/2 inches. Wrap in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for 2 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove foil, cut dough roll into slices, and place slices on greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until brown. Remove to a wire rack until cooled completely.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 73 cal
- 4.5 g
- 6.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"When I made these, the prep time wasn't QUITE that long. Also, I added roughly a cup of cheddar cheese which made for some much better cookies than the original recipe...." See more"
"my husband is in the Navy and has been gone for 5 months. I asked him if he wanted me to send some of his favorite cookies to eat and share with the guys. He of course said yes. I asked if he wanted a..." See morenything else and he had the strange request of something with bacon. Jokingly, I said how about bacon cookies. Well, he loved them (so did all of the other sailors). Thank you"
"We read the reviews and accepted the challenge to add some kick to this recipe. This became quite nice as an added savory cookie to our Holiday treat tray. We added 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, a..." See morend utilized an 1/8 cup of fresh grated parmesan/ romano cheese to the dough and added 1/8 tsp additional salt, rolled the log in pepper and parmesan - when baked with egg wash we added a sprinkling of grated asiago - wow the basic recipe a sturdy base became a luscious zesty crunchy tasty " cookie" brought favored remarks from family and friends. yummo!"
Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
Pepper Nuts 'Anise Cookies'
Just swipe to see more like this.