Double Chocolate Marble Cake9 Reviews
“This is a fudgy cake that is very rich and there is more work involved than the usual marble cake.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- To make marbling mixture: Combine 1/3 cup of the coca and 1/2 cup of the white sugar and mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with 1 cup of the sugar and the brown sugar. Beat in the egg yolks, then the vanilla and sour cream.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Beat into the creamed mixture. Stir about 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter to lighten it and then fold in the rest gently but thoroughly. Spread about 1/4 of the batter into a greased and floured tube pan and sprinkle with about 1/3 of the cocoa-sugar mixture. Continue repeating layers, ending with the batter. With a knife, lightly swirl the batter and cocoa mixture together
- Bake at 325 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 3/4 hours, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Let cool on a rack. Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 419 cal
- 19.6 g
- 57.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I just took this cake out of the oven and thought I'd offer that the cooking time is incorrect. Using another cake recipe with similar ingredients as a guide, I cooked the cake for an hour instead of..." See more the 1 3/4 hour that is written on the recipe. It appears moist and beautiful and passes the tooth pick test. Fast forward two days...When we cut the cake for my husband's birthday the next day, it was beautiful and tasted great! It's a hit in our family. Good luck!"
"This cake is fabulous! The whole family proclaimed this recipe a keeper. Not too hard, just follow each step and that fudgy marble is fantastic!!..." See more"
Double Chocolate Brownie Cake
Double Chocolate Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.