Chocolate Angel Torte4 Reviews
“This is a tender angel cake with creamy almond filling.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 -9x5 inch loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift flour, cocoa, and 1/4 cup of the white sugar together.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar beating until stiff and shiny, add vanilla. Sift dry mixture over beaten egg whites gradually and gently fold in. Spoon batter into one 9x5 inch ungreased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until done. Invert pan and cool completely. Remove cake and cut it into 3 layers. Spread almond filling between the layers and dust top with sifted confectioners' sugar. Makes about 10 servings.
- To Make Almond Filling: Combine the remaining 1/4 cup white sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Mix the beaten eggs and milk together and stir them into the sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbling. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the almond liqueur and stir well. Cover the surface of the fill in with plastic wrap and chill completely before using.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 128 cal
- 1.5 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this nice light torte a few times now and it turns out perfectly every time. It has a beautiful almond flavor (although I used almond extract rather than Amaretto) and looks impressive when..." See more sliced."
"Beautiful presentation great flavor! I often use almond (or even vanilla) extract in place of the amaretto. An excellent recipe and lowfat, too!..." See more"
Angel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.