Pumpkin Cheesecake II299 Reviews
“This is a very old recipe and it seems like there are a lot of ingredients, but it is worth the effort. I use the extra whipping cream to decorate the top of the cheesecake.” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and the melted butter or margarine and mix well. Firmly press mixture into one 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup of the white sugar, the pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, ground cinnamon, ground mace, ground ginger and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar and mix well. Add the whole egg, remaining egg yolk and the whipping cream, beating well. Add cornstarch and vanilla and lemon flavorings, beat batter until smooth. Add pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes. Do not overbake. Center may be soft but it will firm up when chilled. Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 407 cal
- 29.3 g
- 31.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (299)Rate This Recipe
"I make cheesecake all the time and this, topped with maple pecan glaze from another recipe, was voted the best ever by my friends. A nice change of pace for fall, or anytime really. The glaze: Simme..." See morer 1 cup whipping cream with 3/4 cup real maple syrup for about 20 min; stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans and chill."
"I followed another reviewers suggestion and made sure the cream cheese and eggs were at room tempature. I made the cheesecake 2 days ahead and it was perfect. I cooked it with a 9x13 pan of water un..." See moreder the cake to prevent cracks. I put pecans on the top edge like the picture and made the pecan glaze as suggested with 1 cup whipping cream, 3/4 cup maple syrup (I used imitation). I didn't add the glaze until right before serving. I omited the vanilla and lemon extracts and the flavor was perfect. I entered the cheesecake into a pumpkin festival baking contest and it won the grand overall prize. The cake is awesome!!"
"Every year my husband and I always try a new pumpkin cheesecake recipe. My husband said "the search is over, this is THE ONE!" and I have to agree. The pecans in the crust were wonderful. There wasn't..." See more anything about this recipe that wasn't perfect. I did add nutmeg to mine instead of the mace but I doubt that changed the flavor too much. Thank you so much for sharing!!! 7/20/12-we tried this one again and it was a winner!!!"
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake I
Just swipe to see more like this.