Blueberry Coffee Cake I416 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This cake is super for a quick breakfast snack with coffee.” - by Debbie Rowe
Original recipe yields 1 Bundt cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a Bundt pan well with cooking spray.
- Make the streusel topping: Mix 1 brown cup sugar, 2/3 cup flour, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine; topping mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- For the cake: Beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine in large bowl until creamy; add 1 cup white sugar, and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Cover with berries, and add remaining batter by tablespoons. Cover with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, until deep golden brown. Remove pan to wire rack to cool. Invert onto a plate after cake has cooled, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 401 cal
- 16.3 g
- 61.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (416)Rate This Recipe
"This was good, but I made the following modifications: (1) I halved the streusel topping (and there was still some left over), (2) I used 3/4 cup milk because I thought the batter looked too dry - dep..." See moreends on how you like your coffee cake I suppose, (3) I used 1 1/2 cups blueberries and folded them into the batter before spreading into baking dish, (4) I spread half the batter in the dish and then sprinkled some streusel topping in the middle, then put the remaining batter on top and covered in streusel, (5) I used a 9x13 glass baking dish, baked it at 325 for about 25 mins (until golden brown)"
"I was comparing blueberry cake recipes and noticed that this recipe is exactly the same as a blueberry muffin recipe I received in a baking class I took at a culinary school. There were only 2 differe..." See morences. One, this recipe is half the recipe we made. The second is that all the ingredients were cut in half except the flour. The class recipe called for 3 cups of flour. Here it calls for 2 cups instead of 1 1/2 cups. That is probably the reason people are saying it's dry--too much flour."
"I followed others' suggestions and used 3/4 c. buttermilk instead of 1/2 c. milk and increased the blueberries to 1 1/2 cups. I also sprinkled some of the streusel over the blueberry layer and made it..." See more in a springform pan. It was delicious! I took it to a garden club event. Everyone gave it rave reviews, and a customer offered to buy half of it from me."
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Blueberry Coffee Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.