Birthday Cake14 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Here is a birthday cake, it is practical and at the same time it can be made fancy with Decorator Frosting (found on our site). One or more layers can be tinted by adding food coloring.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 - 8 inch layer cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 inch round pans.
- Sift flour before measuring; resift with salt and baking powder at least twice more.
- Beat egg yolks until very thick and pale - approximately 5 minutes with a mixer on high speed.
- In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine and sugar. Blend in eggs. Fold sifted mixture, alternately with milk, into creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake springs back when touched. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out, and cool on wire rack. Frost with Decorator Frosting.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 647 cal
- 32.1 g
- 81 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"This is the worst cake I ever tasted. It tasted like cornbread. It was too salty and heavy. This is not a good recipe at all...." See more"
"This is the single worst recipe I've ever gotten from this website - the recipes are usually great. The cake tasted like badly cooked pancakes...." See more"
Doggie Birthday Cake
Happy Birthday Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.